Proud Supporter of U.S. Military Personnel
The PowerShares QQQ Championship is offering complimentary Grounds admission and hospitality during the tournament for all active duty, reserve military members, military retirees and their dependents along with complimentary admission for veterans.
As part of Birdies for the Brave, a national military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, military members will be admitted free of charge by showing a Department of Defense-issued military ID at the gate, along with a military ticket voucher. To receive a military ticket voucher for complimentary admission or discounted tickets, military guests must register online at and have their military status verified by Sheer ID. We will place a link in the area below when the on line military portal is created for the 2018 PowerShares QQQ Championship.
While at the PowerShares QQQ Championship, all military guests will be treated to complimentary food and beverages and a relaxing venue for viewing all of the tournament in the Patriots’ Patio presented by United Rentals, a military-exclusive hospitality venue located on 9 green at Sherwood Country Club.
- Saturday, October 27th, has been designated as Military Appreciation Day at the PowerShares QQQ Championship, featuring a military appreciation ceremony at TBD. The ceremony on the 18 Green will feature a national anthem and color guard to honor military in the Thousand Oaks and Ventura County areas. The ceremony is open to the public.
- Youth 18 and younger are admitted FREE of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Public parking will be located at Dicken’s Patch next to the Sherwood Country Club Trentwood Street Guard Gate.
Community Champions Day
Open to the public on Thursday, October 25, as a public celebration and kick-off to tournament week, the Sherwood Cares Foundation will be hosting a Community Champions Day that is complimentary for everyone to attend. Gates open at 9:00 a.m., and offer fans the chance to experience a sneek peak at the premier food and beverage that will be available during tournament week.
Best Views of Golf
Don’t forget to venture out on the golf course to really soak up the action. Here’s a quick list of sneaky spots that offer great views of this world-class event.
• Behind the 9th green. The 9th hole is a beautiful par 4 that rewards brains over braun. This strategic hole will demand that the players are not just accurate off the tee, but also leave themselves with an approach shot short enough that they can be aggressive.
• The 15th hole. Often referred to as the “signature hole” at Sherwood Country Club, this stunning par 3 is a can’t miss location. The wind plays havoc with is unpredictability and makes club selection challenging and crucial.
There is much more to a day at the PowerShares QQQ Championship than watching world-class golf. To help you plan an enjoyable visit with your family to Sherwood Country Club, we’ve included some important information below.
Kids Get in Free
Youth under the age of 18 get free grounds tickets when accompanied by a ticketed adult. However, if you plan to access corporate hospitality or the clubhouse with your children, the children ages 6 or over must have a paid ticket for those venues.
Where to See the Golfers
Don’t roll your eyes – yes, we know, “Duh, on the golf course,” is the appropriate response. But where, EXACTLY? Check out these sneaky locations to get up close to the action and to some of the best players in the world.
- True golf fans know that the practice area is a must-stop at the PowerShares QQQ Championship. You can grab a spot up against the rope line and be this close to the PGA TOUR Champions’ best as they hone their craft…sometimes for hours on end, not to mention the fact that players usually stop and sign autographs as players come and go.
Autograph Zone – To provide the PGA TOUR professionals with an environment free of interruptions, autographs are not allowed during tournament play. After the conclusion of play or suspension of play, golfers may sign autographs at their leisure on the Putting Green located near the 1st tee. Please respect the players’ on-course concentration and do not ask them for autographs during their rounds. Official play ends once the contestant has returned form signing his scorecard at the scoring tent.
Sherwood Cares Foundation Skills Challenge and Junior Clinic presented by Gold Coast Health Plan
Location: Sherwood Country Club, Practice Area
If you are planning to attend the PowerShares QQQ Championship, consider attending the Sherwood Cares Foundation Skills Challenge and Junior Clinic. Held on the Sherwood Country Club practice area, participants can watch a fun drive, chip, putt challenge followed by a clinic conducted by a PGA TOUR professional. This event is free of charge.
What to Bring
To help you enjoy a day of world-class golf at the PowerShares QQQ Championship, we’ve compiled a list of things you should bring to Sherwood Country Club.
- A comfortable pair of shoes are a must.
- Be prepared with appropriate clothing for sudden weather changes. Wear clothes and rain gear for stormy weather, and headgear, sunglasses and sun block for sunny weather.
- Cell phone. They are allowed as long as they are on silent.
- Camera phones are permitted throughout tournament week.
- A chair or an umbrella. While not necessary, these are permitted. But leave the cases or covers in your car. The cases are prohibited.
What to Leave Behind
The following items are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated:
- Backpacks, packages or other carry items larger than six square inches. This ban also includes camera carrying cases, coolers and diaper bags.
- Radios or other noise producing devices, even if they are turned off or vibrate.
- Alcoholic beverages, nonalcoholic beverages or food may not be brought into or taken from the golf course property.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind.
- Folding armchairs, lawn chairs or ladders.
- Sharp pointed objects or objects with stakes.
- Golf clubs or bags.
- Signs or banners.
- Selfie sticks.
- Hover boards.
All bags are subject to search. If you have any questions about an item not on this list, please call the tournament at 818.284.4811 prior to your arrival.